Tough mudder training update
Sunday, January 29th 2012 3:14 pm
I have some pretty interesting news regarding the tough mudder coming up on April 29th. I have paid the entry fee which is non-refundable and have been training for about 5 months now, but I have an even bigger issue if I decide to run the race. It is actually good news because my sister is getting married in April. The issue is her wedding is set for....... April 28th. There is no way I am not going to drink, dance my butt off, and stay up late the night of my sister's wedding. The race is something like 2-3 hours away and the latest we can run it would be noon meaning we probably have to leave in the morning around 8am in order to make it on time.
I think for me, it is going to be the even tougher mudder. My options at this point are:
1) Keep training and don't hold back at the wedding and run the race anyway
2) Keep training, dont hold back at the wedding, and then if I feel too crappy just skip the race
3) Assumng I am going to feel like crap the next day, give up on training now and ditch the whole thing altogether
4) Keep training, only drink a little at the wedding and go to bed pretty early
5) Sleep before the wedding, just don't go to sleep the night after the wedding and then do the race
I think I will most likely just do option #1 and maybe #2 if I do feel like crap. I really do want to run the race after training for it all these months, and also I don't want to lose motivation to keep training by mentally ditching the idea altogether now.
The best option at this point is probably to just train my butt off so that I am in such good shape that I can do it whilst hungover. That and I can bring back my old college drinking tolerance by drinking more when it gets closer to the wedding that way I won't even get a hangover.
Also my sister wants me to play guitar for when people enter and when she walks down the aisle and I agreed to it. That just adds a bit more stress to the situation but if it is what she wants, I will do it.
Who knows what is going to happen but I do find it kind of funny to be stressing about something that is so far in the future anyway. Either way, it will be interesting regardless of what happens. I will make sure to keep you guys updated on the results of both the wedding and the tough mudder.
hope i live though
More Posts from doubledave22
- My 2013 WSOP Schedule - 05/14/13 3:53 pm
- Nice job Nevada - 04/30/13 3:21 pm
- Putting myself out there - 04/22/13 3:41 pm
- The Whole30 - 04/09/13 1:30 pm
- Meet my Nephew! - 03/28/13 1:08 pm
- Mid-game Leakfinders - 03/13/13 1:40 pm
- NJ Poker Update - 02/12/13 2:41 pm
- NJ Poker Legislation - 02/06/13 1:39 pm
- Borgata Main part 2 - 01/31/13 2:55 pm
- Borgata Main part 1 - 01/31/13 1:28 pm